Tuesday, July 21, 2009

http://ping.fm/b4lz6

I had the MGB in Florida under Dr. P almost 2 years ago. The steps
initially seemed daunting, but once I sat down and did it, it was
easy. It made me appreciate that there was a doctor who actually
wanted me informed about bariatric surgery and wasn't just ready to
operate when I paid the money. All of the claims on the CLOS website
were almost like "it's too good to do be true"... but I can say it has
been one of the best decisions of my life.

I was 355 pounds and miserable. I was proud of what I did, but I
wasn't proud of myself. My back was hurting and I knew if I didn't
get my weight down, I would be facing yet a second back operation.

On August 28th of 2007 I had the surgery and each day has been an
incredible journey. I went from 355 pounds, size 48 pants to 180
pounds and 34 pants.
There are times I wish I was a multi-millionaire and I'd pay for all
my obese friends to have the same life changing experience.

My biggest let down was that our insurance refused to cover it. We
pulled the money out of retirement savings but my theory was this...
"If like keeps like this, I'm not sure I'll even make it to retirement
age. Even if I do, I'm not going to enjoy it. So let's just bite
the bullet now."

I can say unequivocally, that every day of the last 2 years I haven't
had one minute of regret of doing the MGB. Go for it! It'll change
your life.

Les

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home