Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Mini-Gastric Bypass, Simple & Successful
HI all,

I had the mgb in Jan 04 with Dr. R. I have been having some hearburn and at times have difficulty swallowing (getting food down). I had and endoscopy this morning AND the gastroenterologist was very impressed with my mgb. I have a SMALL hernia that floats and anxiety causes tightening and it traps food. As stress decreases it has been a lot less. Said he is extremely impressed with my mgb and how my stomach looks. No sign of any damage to stomach etc. The nurse in the procedure room took done the information on the mgb and the website for her husband.

I initially lost 200 lbs and have gained back 15-20 lbs. I went from a size 28-30 to a size 6-8. I can live with that. Had dropped 10 lbs of the 20 I put on but just came back from a cruise. Felt like I ate a lot but those with me said no you take a lot on your plate and only sample each thing.

Had a friend that had a Roux Y a year before my mgb. She has sadly put back on most of her weight. Just wanted to thank Dr. R. for his good work and let you all know how it is 5 1/2 years out.


Blessings,

Susan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home