Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Ok, it has been almost a month since I last posted and almost that in me reading the posts. I have been so busy with work and my 9 kids that time flew by so fast.

First off let me say thank you Dr. R for the surgery. As of 3 days before my 4th month mark I was down 80 lbs. Yep folks reading that correctly. As of today I am down 82. My friend walked up behind me and said oh it is you, I didn't recognize you from behind. Wow that really made me feel good.

I don't have any side effects, and have more energy that I used to, which is weird since I am not sure how I was functioning with my previous weight. You see I have 10 kids, 9 of which live at home, work a full time job and manage a house. I also sell candles on the side and occasionlly baby sit my friends 4 kids. So I have a busy life. But my blood pressure is normal and I feel good.

I know it is a hard decision and the money seems like a lot, I was in everyone's shoes. I looked into this back in 2004 and didn't get it done until this year. You have to decide if your life is worth it. Mine was and is. I can chase my kids and I don't feel like I am an embarassement to them (at least not as big of one) and even though my husband loved and loves me for me, I don't feel so awkward around his work and the comments he used to get.

Bottom line is I am so happy. I am about a little over 1/2 way to my goal, but I am confident I will not only get there but I will enjoy the journey there. Every time I weigh myself I get so happy and amazed that it has moved down yet again.

Thank you again Dr. R. You and the staff are the BEST!!!!!

Laura
April 1, 2009
305/297/215/150

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home